Teacher of Science – Teign School
Full-time, permanent (MPS/UPS) – with effect from 1 January 2021
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher to join our successful Science Department. The successful candidate will be an effective classroom practitioner and will be expected to contribute fully to the ethos and culture of this flourishing Department.
We expect to appoint someone who is:-
- passionate about Science, and all aspects of Science education:
- ideally able to teach Chemistry at Key Stages, 3, 4 & 5 but all Science disciplines considered;
- able to enthuse, engage, motivate and challenge students;
- able to work innovatively to raise achievement at all levels;
- self-motivated with excellent inter-personal skills;
- able to work as part of a team yet has individual skills and initiative.
In return we offer:-
- a Science Department with a clear sense of purpose, vision and energy
- a commitment to strive for excellence within a supportive ethos
- 12 well-equipped labs, 7 of which are in a brand-new purpose-built Science Centre and two further labs are set aside exclusively for ‘A’ Level teaching, 4 preparation rooms and a Farm Unit within walking distance of the school
- relevant, effective CPD to allow appropriate career progression.
Applications are welcome from experienced and NQT teachers.
Closing date: Friday 16 October (9am) with interviews likely to take place the following week. Please email completed applications to Ruth Atkinson, Headteacher’s PA – email@example.com
Click here for the application form
Click here for the ESW – Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form
Click here for the CEO letter to candidates
Click here for the Department information
Click here for the School details
Click here for the job description
Click here for the Person Specification
Click here for the welcome letter from Headteacher
Education South West is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate for each post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.