Student Support Officer – Coombeshead Academy
37.5 hours per week (0.86FTE) – 39 weeks per year
Working hours: 08.15am – 4.15pm
Salary: D7 (£20,092 pro rata)
Permanent contract start date – 1 September 2021
Purpose of the Post:
Working with the Pastoral team including the Year Team Leaders, to take the lead within the school to address the needs of pupils who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning focusing specifically on student attendance and behaviour.
- Take a lead role in managing Pastoral Support, Behaviour and Attendance for all pupils in the designated year group.
- Establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model.
- To work with identified students (cause for concern) within their year group, to follow and implement the hierarchy of support outlined in the Inclusion Protocol document.
- Hold all appropriate meetings and complete and share all supporting paperwork for students as they move through different levels of the Inclusion Protocol.
- Work with other members of the Pastoral/Inclusion team to develop, implement and monitor various support plans for individual students.
- To work closely with the Attendance Officer to immediately identify any attendance concerns and enact follow up actions. Work closely with students and parents to reduce any barriers that cause attendance issues, including home visits when necessary.
If you are interested in the challenge of this position please email your completed application to: email@example.com no later than Monday 21 June at 9am with interview date tbc (interviews are likely to be onsite).
Click here for an application form
Click here for a candidate pack
ESW is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.