Maths Intervention Teacher – Coombeshead Academy
Salary: We welcome applications from NQT’s, unqualified teachers as well as more experienced teachers
Closing date: Monday 19 October at 9am 2020
Interview date: Thursday 22 October, 2020
Start date: 2 November 2020
Contract type: Temporary, 0.5 over 3 days. (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday desirable) 31 August 2021
Required from 2 November 2020 to teach Maths 11-18 at Coombeshead Academy (part of Education South West). This is an exciting position to help drive intervention and catch up work for the maths department. Especially focussing on KS3 and 4. This will include intervention tutor groups, as well as twilight (3:10-4:10) on two days a week.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a school where all staff are viewed as part of the family.
- Somewhere where leaders look after you as well as encourage you to pursue your aspirations and goals.
- A school where the classroom and the learning experience for young people is the centre of everything that we do.
- Shared schemes of learning and resources that are designed to help you plan great lessons and to reduce your workload.
- A school with a healthy view of the work life balance needed to be a great teacher.
- The freedom to experiment in your own classroom.
- The opportunity to use Sparx homework and classroom – cutting edge educational technology that will revolutionise the way you teach and your approach to AFL
- A sensible and balanced approach to marking and feedback.
- A clear behaviour policy which supports you to be able to teach with enthusiasm and freedom to a receptive audience.
- Opportunities to share your practice and learn from others across the trust and South West Teaching School Alliance.
If you are interested in this position please email your completed application to: email@example.com no later than Monday 19 October at 9am with interviews to take place on Thursday 22 October.
Click here for an application form
Click here for a full job description
ESW is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.