Forest School Activities
The Blackawton Primary School children have had a great week with an interesting range of activities on offer, including:
• making bow drills using their whittling, carving and design skills (learning about fire by friction for Class 4 and 5);
• creating natural ink from spinach, beetroot, blackberries, turmeric and charcoal, and using the ink to create art;
• practising fire lighting skills;
• learning about birds, their diets, habitats and creating nests;
• dissecting owl pellets and identifying our finds; and
• making ‘Eagle Eyes’ with wool and sticks.